Tuesday, December 19, 2006

This blog may need a new name

For awhile, it's going to be about me and my exciting trip through the world of cancerous breast tumors and surgery and MD Anderson. I will use this to keep everyone posted but will also be doing as much e-mailing and calling and notifying as possible.

What we know so far: invasive ductal carcinoma. Two very small tumors in right breast. (Insert your smart-ass joke here.) No evidence of anything in the lymph nodes, but my surgeon will do node biopsies during surgery to triple-check.

I'm about to decide lumpectomy vs. mastectomy. I've been told I'm not a great candidate for the former, for several reasons. (Insert your other smart-ass joke here). But I believe at this point that mastectomy with immediate reconstruction (Go ahead. Say something about micro-surgery.) might be where we're going. I have more research to do and people to ask, but I'm on my way. Hope to have surgery scheduled some time in January and will let EVERYONE know the details.

I had to explain to Chuck that my compulsion to tell everyone about my diagnosis is part of my ESTJ personality. (What? You don't know what your Meyers-Briggs is?) The "E" in me means that I get my energy AND my strength from other people.

I will need all of my family and friends to rally 'round. Entertaining all of you will keep me going.

Please provide your best names for a blog about breast cancer. Chuck has suggested whack-a-boob, and Amy Mata has suggested sans-a-breast. Chris Roselius has suggested that we have a "half-off" party before the surgery.

Bulletins as they occur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. Is this how you are going to tell some people?

Also, after reading “this blog might need a new name”...

BITTY BOOBS BLOG
Boop-oop-a-Boob.

TINY TITTY TALK
Talk amongst yourselves; as long as its about me.

BLOKES, BEERS AND BOOBS
Things I can live without.

CHESTFALLEN
Soon to be chestrisen.

CHUCK’S CHICK’S CHEST
No clucking allowed.

(somebody stop me)