Monday, July 05, 2010

Why Facebook Is Fun!

Here's a July 4th post from my niece Suzy Wente Villareal and comments that follow. Digression is so much fun sometimes . . .

Shout out to Suzy and Lesley!

Suzy Villarreal (Suzy Wente)
More progress on the rent house today. Next...BBQ. I'm pretty due our forefathers would have wanted me to celebrate with cheese filled hamburgers, sweet potato chips, fried pickles and mushrooms.

David Torres
We are so on are waaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!

17 hours ago Suzy Villarreal
Queso made with hatch chilis and sausage. I've nearly eaten the whole damn bowl. Ya better hurry.

16 hours ago Lesley Inman
Dang! I am hungry now...thanks! Feed me!! Do I have to stand out in front of your house w/ a sign, and my mower? "Will mow for SVR's food"

12 hours ago Pat Wente
Who's Lesley Inman? Are we related? Suzy, your great-grandmother (Ruth's mother) was named Lee Dora Inman. Ruth's favorite person in the world when she was a little girl was her Grandpa Inman.

2 hours ago Lesley Inman
You may be related to my X husband's family...Inman was my married name. While we were married, we did find a lot of relatives w/ his last name...you never know! I could ask him if he recognizes the name...

about an hour ago Pat Wente
Ours were from southeast Missouri. Suzy's dad can show you the whole genealogy.

about an hour ago Lesley Inman
Cool..that may mean she has to invite me over for a, um, dinner...to see the family tree! lol! She amazes me w/ her domestic abilities, I sit in awe of her!

about an hour ago Suzy Villarreal
Sorry i missed out on all of this. Just awoke from my hamburger coma.

about an hour ago Lesley Inman
LMAO!

about an hour ago Lesley Inman
Yeah, we didn't need you! j/k..we figured it all out. You are having me for dinner to figure out how you and my X husband are related! lol! y'all kinda' resemble each other...hmm....

about an hour ago Pat Wente
The Inmans (some of them) were pretty sleazy. Actually that's not true: they MARRIED sleazy -- my great-grandmother and great-great grandmother were both married to Inmans (uncle and nephew). And that's a sicko story in itself. G-G-grandmother ran a "boarding house" which we think was probably a whorehouse.

56 minutes ago Lesley Inman
LOL! You said it, not me! Yeah, there were some unsavory character's that I met at family reunion's...There seems to be a trend w/ the Inman men...not the nicest bunch!

43 minutes ago Pat Wente
They must have mixed with our Meadows and Bewley clans. Those were the ones who moved to MO from Arkansas after the murder indictments came down.

35 minutes ago Lesley Inman
Yikes!

34 minutes ago Suzy Villarreal
Wow, brothels, murder and incest. Awesome. That makes for a cool reunion. "Jim Bob is from the murdering side, keep him from the knives. Jimmy Wayne, he's from the incest side, keep your daughter at yer side. Priscilla Jo, she's an entrepreneur."

23 minutes ago Lesley Inman LOL!
Funny Suzy woke up!

18 minutes ago Lesley Inman
btw, Audrey still refers to you as "funny Suzy!"

18 minutes ago Suzy Villarreal
Lol!!!

17 minutes ago Lesley Inman
We could at least write a bad country song at the reunion!

17 minutes ago Suzy Villarreal
Lmao!

12 minutes ago Pat Wente
Steve Murphy and I wrote one at his ranch, entitled, "I'll help you shove your gut-shot elk cow into the front-loader with my red leather gloves, because I love you. Darlin'." That's the chorus.

4 minutes ago Pat Wente
We'd been drinking. The messy-dead elk cow, front-loader, and red-leather gloves were taken from real life experience. Ask him.

2 minutes ago Pat Wente
I still can't put those gloves back on.

2 minutes ago Suzy Villarreal
Love it. Red leather gloves!!!

2 minutes ago Pat Wente
In defense of the Meadows family, the neighbors started it. They killed Meadows' livestock after the War (Civil) because the Meadows family had been Union sympathizers. So, in retaliation, the Meadows boys and their Bewley cousins killed the neighbors' -- uh -- family members.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I don't know how I came across it.