Monday, April 09, 2007

Did everybody have a happy Easter?


We did. Very nice. Had a group over for a light lunch that turned out not to be so light. I recount the menu here so that I'll remember it for next time. Rapee morvandelle (a quiche-like thingy); smoked salmon; steamed asparagus with Hollandaise; sour cream coffee cake (courtesy of Peg); pickled eggs (also courtesy of Peg); beautiful fruit plate made by Chuck; and strawberry shortcakes for dessert, also made by Chuck. AND mimosas and sparkling cherry juice (ditto that Peg-thing). Everybody brought flowers and our downstairs is a riot of tulips! So pretty. Guests included Terrell and Linda; Ann and Mark; Peg, of course; and Linda's young cousin Anita, aged 11, from California. GREAT crowd and Chuck and I had a very nice time.

Casey and Henry played outside. Actually Casey ran around trying to instigate something with Henry while Henry alternated between looking at his watch and begging to come in the house so he could get away from that lunatic. Casey actually knocked over the birdbath, WHILE Chuck was saying, "I don't think he can knock it over. It's pretty heavy." Casey tried to jump ON TOP OF IT. Anita and I SAW him.

Here's our Easter table. That's Peg talking to Anita.

Today I am exhausted from too much activity, I guess. Gotta get ready for Chemo #3 on Wednesday. Oh joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a lovely Easter! Ours was fine too. I don't speak French, but I once heard that mimosa was a French word meaning a reason to get hammered before lunch. Good luck on Wednesday. Love ya.
Tommy

Anonymous said...

Casey thinks you have it all wrong. It only looked like HE was the instigator. It was Henry that dared him to jump on the bird bath.

Looks like you had a nice celebration in spite of the bird bath mishap. Your table looks beautiful, and I know the food was amazing.

We had a nice low-key celebration, which turned out to be quite relaxing.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Carol G.

Anonymous said...

I sooooo wish I could be there this weekend for the farkle-fest. Hope today's session goes okay. Love you!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good Easter.
Regarding your menu, I could have
provided your asparagus. We have
an acre of it on our new property.

I know that you and Amy will have
a great time this weekend. I hope
you feel better soon.

Cousin Kathi E

Pat Wente said...

Kathi, please mail asparagus. Or else I'll be up next spring. Hope you are doing well!

Stacy, you and I need a visit.

Tom, that's EXACTLY what mimosa means.