Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This dog is smiling because he just HEARD THE NEWS!


Chuck and I have thought, all along, that I had eight chemos total. We don't know why we thought that, except our notes show that the oncologist told us that. HOWEVER,I have only SIX!! So, as of last Wednesday, I'm HALFWAY THROUGH! Is that great or what? This means I can schedule the last one just after Ann Taylor's wedding and then I'm DONE with the big mess.

Of course there will be smaller hellishness to deal with, but the big chemo is over by mid June and I am a person again shortly thereafter!!!!! We can do a 65th for Chuck after all!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy about this!

To the couple we adore:
65 and doing fine.
Bald but beautiful and lots of wine!

Let's party like it's 1999!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!!! I am so happy I checked your blog again today. Love you and think about you every day - happy thoughts, now even happier thoughts!!

Gerda

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Did you say 65? Who'd ever have thunk it?

Wolf Haiku

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise! We are delighted!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Fabulous news!!! You should
definitely celebrate!

Love,
cousin Kathi E

Anonymous said...

Pat is CLEP-ing out of chemo. How appropriate!
I'm thrilled for you.
My mom (25 yrs ago w/ovarian cancer) ended up CLEP-ing out of her chemo, too. She's not known for being the huggy, physically demonstrative type. When the doc told her that she could skip the last chemo, she hugged him big time.
Miss you.
And am not believing that Chuck will be 65. Also, am not coming to grips w/"mature woman" catalogs that are arriving through the postal service addressed to me. Ugh. Let's just proclaim that we're redefining cancer treatment - and advancing age. OK?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Cute dog! (How does he get his tongue to do that?)
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful news. I am so glad to hear that you are past the halfway mark.


Carol

Anonymous said...

Pat, that is great news! I am so excited for you! Love the picture!

Greetings from Singapore and much love!