Friday, January 25, 2008

Ok. This is it!

My final herceptin infusion is scheduled for next Thursday. That's the drug that lowers the possibility of my particular kind of cancer recurring. It isn't a chemo drug and has no side effects except annoying the crap out of me; the process takes all day because they pull blood and check my heart and someone forgets to put in the order and the infusion therapy suites are backed up and my oncologist is late from lunch.

The next afternoon, they will remove the internal port that has been under my skin since last February. That has been a nifty little device to have during chemo, since it keeps them from screwing too much with veins.

I feel very, very fortunate to have made it through this whole mess relatively unscathed and to come out on the other side healthy and able to get into trouble.

4 comments:

yogini said...

You go, PatWente! Can't wait to see what kind of trouble you get into.

Anonymous said...

That's fabulous news. I'm so
thankful that you are doing
so well.

Thanks for updating us.
You have a lot to celebrate!

Love,
Cousin, Kathi E.

Unknown said...

So long port! CELEBRATE!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat!

I will try for the zillionth time to leave a message. Congrats for your courage and fortitude this past year. I think your sense of humor is a major key to unlocking the cancer door and sailing through it. May you always be free.