Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Hair is Amazing!

I have curly dark brown,almost black, hair, shot with grey. It is now growing straight up into a post-modern pompadour, and I look kind of like Frankie Avalon in the original Beach Party movie. I have an appointment with the hair salon on Tuesday evening, and I'm not sure that she'll cut it or "shape" it, as one would topiary. It is a scream.

And it's springtime in Texas, a beautiful Saturday morning. Chuck and Peg and I went to dinner in the 'hood last night. Sat outside at Tila's and enjoyed the noise of Shepherd Drive. Then the three of us went dog-walking -- make that four, counting the dog. This morning is just brilliant, very cool and breezy. High only in the 70s today and in the 40s tonight. We consider that free air conditioning and are glad to have a few more nights of it before serious summer sets in.

We're doing ok. My job is extremely challenging but I'm up to it, I think. My priority HAS to be getting people hired for my internal communications position, and I'm too mired down in the details to write the darn job description, let alone the communications plans. I've asked MJ Mudd to help and spent yesterday with her, working on plans and ideas. She's great.

More soon. I promise.

No comments: