Monday, June 23, 2008

Hand Me That Piano! George Carlin 1937 - 2008

I was just reading the article about George Carlin in the New York Times. He died yesterday of heart failure. He had gotten really cranky over the years and had rather lost his sense of humor, in my opinion, but gosh, was anyone ever funnier?

The article said he battled an addiction to red wine and vicodin. I have friends who would consider that more of an hors d'oeuvre than an addiction.

Rest in peace, George Carlin. Your comedy informed my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

George Carlin was always a hoot!

We are looking forward to seeing
you and Chuck soon. Please bring
the guitar. I remember when you,
Chuck, and Clay would play and sing
at Uncle Bubby's birthday parties.
It was GREAT!!!

Cousin Kathi E.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys, too! We hit the road tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Hey, will you be live blogging from the road? Safe travels!

Tomorrow is "bring your dog to work day", I wish I could bring Casey..