Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Give Me a C, a Bouncy C!


Reconstruction tomorrow! Seems like I'm early in the batting order so we'll drag in about 6 am or so. Surgery at 8:30 and I'll be home in the late afternoon if all goes well. Insurance stuff came through THANK GOD so we are calm. All is well. According to the surgeon, I will be sore for a few days but should be back in the office by Monday unless I'm too stoned on pain killers. We'll see.

For those of you who want details, we are replacing the tissue expander that went in after the mastectomy with another permanent implant. Then we are also "redecorating" the other one to match. The surgeon drew all over me this morning; I even have his initials on my chest. He insists that's hospital procedure, but I think he's just tagging me.

To amuse you, here is a photo of me with my new hair -- note the "fauxhawk" on top. That is NATURAL; I have done nothing to get this clever little hair-do. It is very dark brown, almost black, with grey (or, as I prefer to say, "silver") highlights. So much for blonde and curly.

Wish me luck! I'll post an update Wednesday evening for all.

6 comments:

yogini said...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.worldofbubble.com/images/teletubbies_dipsy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.worldofbubble.com/teletubbies/dipsy.html&h=316&w=160&sz=8&hl=en&start=14&tbnid=AMhVd9ktjSQCtM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=59&prev=/images%3Fq%3DTeletubby%2Bdipsy%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

yogini said...

Ok, so that didn't work.

anyway, I was trying to send you a photo of someone almost as cute as you...

Congratulations on your new cha-chas.

Anonymous said...

So I guess this means you will need new dresses, blouses, bras, t-tops, sweaters etc. You'll probably need some new skirts and slacks to match. Get up soon, you have work to do.

Patricia Golemon said...

You will be killer with dark black hair streaked with silver and new boobs. I can't wait to go to a bar with you and watch what happens!

Unknown said...

Talked to my Dad- he hadn't seen her yet but the dr said everything went well. :)

Unknown said...

Did you know that if you click on Fauxhawks picture it fills up your entire screen and you can really see the sprouts! Makes you want to rub it.