Wednesday, September 12, 2007

There are THREE Grand Tetons!

So thank goodness I didn't ask for those*. Happily, I have TWO. They are situated in a standard position; they match, from what I can tell given than I'm kind of gauzed-up; and they are of reasonable dimensions. I will refrain from further description since this is a public blog.

Surgery started about 8:30 or so, and we were home at four, I think, although the trip home was fuzzy. I'm pretty sure I didn't drive. It's 7:30 pm now and anesthesia is wearing off nicely. I have pain meds to pop as needed, and I'm starting to get hungry. All is well. I'm home and accepting phone calls and e-mails and all that. Nurse McCabe is doing an excellent job of running up and down the stairs, taking and returning phone calls, providing updates, finding my phone, my blackberry, my glasses, my ice water.

Thank you to everyone for thoughts and prayers and worries. As we learned in January, all of those things have weight and mass, and they HELP.

More later. Oh, for those of you outside the area, a tropical storm is on the way to Houston. EXCITING!!


*Carole Corder was the Grand Teton expert. Her e-mail asked where the third one might be . . .

3 comments:

Richard said...

WOW! You just have new pointy things all over. I love the fauxhawk. Let me know if your drugs get tired of working. I have others.

Doctor Dick

Patricia Golemon said...

Well I'm kicking myself for being so considerate and not bothering you by calling last night. Clearly you could have allayed my fears and perhaps even shared a drink! So glad it's over and you are on your way to being a hot babe again. And I'm not referring to hot flashes . . .

Anonymous said...

Now if they'd been able to bring your hair back as quickly and robustly (sorry), then that would've been the whole package. I'm sure the folks at MD Anderson are working on that....
Glad to hear you're home and doing well.