Friday, September 21, 2007

More than a Dollar's Worth of Entertainment -- MUCH More!

I rode the Westheimer-82 bus home on Wednesday afternoon. My car was at the dealership-spa and the floor mats were still being shampooed, so I decided to leave it and go public transit. Truly, the one-hour ride eastbound on Westheimer from the Beltway into the Montrose was at once entertaining (damnedest looking people), edifying (small Central American-looking women speaking a language that was NOT Spanish), and fragrant (I kept thinking I was in the Paris subway!). I am reminded how diverse the Houston population is, how one's idea of personal space has to shift on public transit, and how fortunate I am to have a nice car to drive around in on most days.

1 comment:

MaryJane said...

Hey, girlie. You think you've got stories? I drive strangers on the HOV all the time in a desperate effort to avoid Katy Freeway. I miss you! Hugs, mj