Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Village Grows

It takes a village to navigate through breast cancer, and as Shana Ross says, mine is populated by a bunch of pissed off, menopausal women. So watch out!

My village continues to grow. Claire (neither menopausal or pissed off, but certainly a standard bearer) arrives Tuesday.

Shana will accompany me to the plastic surgery appointment, and I cannot say how grateful I am for that without getting all misty. Her goal is to get me back into the gym as quickly and as safely as possible. Note to self: My party is finally over.

Anna Garrett will be my in-hospital person, and she can be the Queen of Mean, should that be necessary. She has a lot of experience in that field, and I treasure her friendship and her time.

I should be home on Friday, and Tim Wilson, Claire's beau, arrives Friday, along with my sister Amy. That will be a great weekend. They'll all have a good time while I zone out on pain killers.

Hopefully Amy will stay until Carole arrives from downtown Kettle Falls. She gets to stay a WHILE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oo, if you're zoned out, maybe I can beat you in scrabble!

Pat Wente said...

Carole has already said I don't get any "cancer pity points," so she won't spot me any. Generally, I play with a half bottle of wine in me, though. We'll see if I'm less of a competitor on vycodin.

Anonymous said...

The only time DH Tom ever beat me at Scrabble was when I was under the influence of pre-surgical sedation (but Pat aways beats me).