Thursday, March 01, 2007

One down; seven to go.

Long day yesterday. Had the port placement done in the morning, but they were running behind in the OR so I waited and waited. Then went over to chemo and the orders weren't in place. Finally started about 4 o'clock. Finished by 8:30, including tuna salad, a couple of episodes of "Without a Trace" and Law & Order SVU.

I'm feeling ok thus far, somewhere between loopy and jazzed. Come to think of it, that's how I usually feel. But all is well. I'm at work today and glad to be here. I miss my gang when I'm at home.

We have a new thing at home: when Chuck puts his arms around me to tell me everything is going to be ok, Casey gets in on the act. Jumps up and puts his paws on my back or Chuck's. I know if he could talk, he'd be saying, "Group Hug!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you have gotten one of those behind you. And once again, in Pat Wente fashion, back at work the next day.

And I loved your story about the group family hug. Who would have ever thought that Ms. Wente would be so crazy about a dog? I know that you and Casey are so glad that you decided to adopt.

Carol G.