Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Shameless Commerce Division


For my friends and family who hang out at junk shops, garage sales, First Monday, and other places of ill-repute, I am looking for these dishes. They were manufactured under two names: Royal Bayreuth, Bayreuth Birds; and Royal Tettau, Woodsong. There are a number of different wild birds on the plates, but the band is bright yellow or orange. I'll take any of them. If you find any dinner plates or smaller, buy them for me and I will reimburse. And yes, I'm watching on e-Bay and I've registered at China Replacements. Duh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat,
I was searching for the same china and came upon your blog. I was married in 1975 and I chose these dishes. I put them away after about 10 years and about 2 years ago started looking for replacements so I could take them out again. Wow. I have never seen them anywhere, and I look (antique shops, thrift shops, online, etc.) They seem to have vanished. Have you had any luck? Wish I could help you. I'll keep you in mind if , by chance, I run across more than I need.
Renee
Monticello, Florida