Saturday, February 03, 2007

Hello, everyone! Pat's on the blog!

I can hardly WAIT until my next major surgery! This blog thing is FUN! But I'm at home now, and the party continues. At least on my end. LOTS of lovely flowers from people and cards and phone calls, etc. Chuck and Claire and now Tim Wilson, Claire's boyfriend, are here taking care of me. Tim has extended the airport range in the house, so I can now sit here in my bedroom, Mac on my lap, watch some trashy murder movie on TNT, and blog away.

They are downstairs vacuuming dog hair, an endless task, but I salute them for it just the same. Casey is kind of wild right now, with all of the changes in his schedule, extra people in the house, and whatever other excuse I can come up with to explain away his horrid behavior. He's developed a serious crush on one of the special pillows that Ann Taylor's mom made and sent to me. He takes any opportunity to remove it from its intended place and take it to his own lair. Weird dog. Weird dog.

I slept well last night, and I'm doing ok today, but I continue to be surprised that I don't feel perfect already. I can get dressed and go downstairs and then just a little while later, I feel like it's time for a nap. I know that my body is healing itself, and that's going to take some time. I guess I was a little premature in thinking that we'd be able to hit Spanish Village tonight.

The next few days will go like this, I think: I'll loll around. My sister Amy is on her way today; Carole arrives Wednesday. I have my first appt with the plastic surgeon on Thursday to hopefully remove the surgical drain. That will be a great improvement and will assist mobility. We meet with the other surgeon on the 12th I think to learn how the surgery went and what the next steps are.

I am so happy to have such a marvelous family and such caring friends.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. All of the Mitchells send you best wishes for a speedy
recovery. Amy and Carole will
take care of you and keep you
entertained all at the same time.
Love, cousin Kathi

Anonymous said...

You're right, blogging is cool. So glad you're feeling well. Hope everything continues to go well. Love, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Are you reading email too? B.

Anonymous said...

You sound as if you're making a very rapid recovery, which pleases me greatly. I'm sending you all good wishes. Love, Margaret Waisman

Kelley Coyner said...

Glad to see you on the blog yourself.
You inspired me to work on firing up my long dormant writer's blog and to set up one for my clients. How embarrassing that it was so easy!

If you are trying to sleep and the crossword does not work, try a sudoko.

Kelley

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom:
I am sorry to be such a bundle of energy. I am so happy to have you back home, yet confused with the extra people and nervous energy in the house. I can't figure it out, yet Ann's mom's pillow is a comfort. I will try to be calmer or you can just ask Chuck to put me in my kennel to calm me down.

I love you so much.
Your boy, Casey

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Monday morning and we have no leader. We let Fred think he's the leader, but we know who really leads the monkeys in the lounge. I am so glad you are home. When's the next dinner party?
Beth

PS. Prince rocked the SuperBowl halftime show, in the pouring (purple) rain!

Unknown said...

I'm back at work too..Booo.

Missing you all and my new best friend/bro I never had, Casey. At least Amy is there to keep everyone in line. I think you should post a pic of all the byootiful flowers. Keep resting and providing updates.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello-o-o Patty! I tried to call you yesterday and when I got no answer I told everybody at my house "WOW - she's superhuman! They must be out to dinner already!" I had to laugh when I read your comment about Spanish Village, because that's exactly where I would have pictured you!

Happy Monday! Love you!

Gerda

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's Tuesday and we haven't had an update for a few days. Have you gotten hooked on daytime soaps already?

Miss your great blogs.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Have checked your blog frequently - serious situation but a terrific way to keep track of you! I am absolutely inspired by your beyond customary positive outlook on this challenge! Take great care -
Best-

Jerry

Unknown said...

Talked to my Dad this morning - Pat is feeling better and better. She was leaving the house with Amy to go to Rice Village.