Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Update. All is well, thus far.

I'm having experiences I never thought I'd have: 1) Going to those shops down by the med center that are for people who have had this kind of surgery, looking at weird, weird undergarments. 2) BUYING weird, weird undergarments. 3) Chatting with strangers about surgical drains and where the pocket looks best (answer: it doesn't look good anywhere). 4) Trying on wigs!

That was FUN! I'm going for the Uma Thurman look in those violent Travolta movies that I've never watched. Perhaps I should watch before adopting the look.

Amy and I are enjoying ourselves, and Chuck is doing well, too. I go to the plastic surgeon tomorrow to see about the drain, but I bet I'm not able to ditch it yet. A consolation is that Anna has brought me Law & Order Season 1, and if I have to stay on the sofa a few more days, then at least I am thoroughly entertained.

I am fine. Hope everyone is ok, too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drainage! We don't need no stinking drainage!

Anonymous said...

Uma Pat. Pat Uma. I think you could pull off the look. And if I can remember I'll grab Pulp Fiction and you can check it out for yourself. Sometimes violence and drug use can be darn entertaining.
Beth

yogini said...

And on the subject of weird undergarments...I'm on my way over with Season 1 of Big Love.

If you're not granting audiences to your loyal subjects, that's ok. I'll hang the gift bag on the door knob.

ttfn
Ann

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that you and Amy went for an outing, even if it was to look for wierd undergarments.

And I like you idea of the Pulp Fiction do; you may just decide to stick with it. Hey, maybe you could get some more hair ideas from that wierd sci-fi Joel Olsteen/Mafia book Rob is reading. Know you are set for a while with books, but I will drop it by in the next day or two. Sounds like it would make for some great weekend reading.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Pat reads entires books on very short plane flights.

Unknown said...

only after she does the in-flight magazine crossword before the plane even departs..

Pat Wente said...

That's how I just the airline's "performance." If I can get the crossword done before the plane takes off, they lose 5 points -- either they can't get their butt off the ground or the crossword is too easy.